Special Note: Competitors who enter in competitions with a specified programme time, for example the recital competitions, will be asked to discontinue playing should they exceed the time specified.
1. Entries for all competitions must reach The Registrar NOT LATER THAN THE 16th of
December on the Official Entry Form or a copy of same.
2. Please contact festival accompanist directly if you require their services as outlined on page 2 of the syllabus.
3. The time shown on the competitor’s notification will be the scheduled time at which the session commences. The Committee reserve the right to change the VENUE, TIME OR ORDER of Competitions where necessity dictates.
4. Prize Winners may be invited to perform at Gala Concert as invited by the Festival Committee on the recommendation of the Adjudicators.
5. Competitors are requested to submit precise details of their programme i.e. composers/duration on entry form. Once submitted, these may be changed once advance notification is given.
6. Conductors are not allowed to sing with their choir.
7. Prizes may be withheld in whole or part, IRRESPECTIVE OF THE NUMBER OF ENTRIES, if in the opinion of the adjudicator, the standard is not sufficiently high to warrant their merit.
In all Competitions where there is only one performance, if in the opinion of the Adjudicator, the performance has reached the necessary standard of marking, the appropriate prize will be awarded.
8. The Adjudicators decision on points of merit Shall Be Final.
9. No public protests will be permitted at the Competitions. A protest must be made in writing and lodged with the Registrar not later than 6.00 p.m. on the day on which
the occasion of the protest arose. Any protest regarding a competition held in the
evening after 6.00 p.m. must be lodged accompanied by a fee of e10.00, which will be returned in the event of the protest being upheld by the Committee.
10. CHOICE PIECES: Competitors will not be permitted to perform any piece on which they have been previously adjudicated in the current or previous year.
This rule applies to both Choral and Instrumental Competitions.
11. The number of choirs entered by each school is not limited.
12. Competitors in all Choral competitions may choose whatever type of accompaniment they wish. The use of electronic equipment is permitted. Please advise the committee with regard to number of power points required. Competitors must provide own extension leads etc.
13. The first prize winner of the Rev. C.J. Sherin Perpetual Trophy (Individual) MAY NOT enter the competition the following year.
14. Choral music to be handed to competition staff prior to competition. All music must be clearly marked with the name of the Competitor and competition for which it is intended. Music must be claimed at the end of the competition.
15. All cups, trophies and shields will be tenable for one year. Medals and plates are the property of the winners. All Cups, Trophies and Shields to be returned engraved and cleaned to St. Canice’s N.S., Granges Road, Kilkenny.
16. The decision of the Executive on all questions arising from or not provided in these rules shall be final. In the event of an objection, this must be made in writing and lodged with the registrar not later than twenty four (24) hours after the completion of the competition in question. Such objections to be accompanied by a fee of e10.00, which will be returned in the event of the objection being upheld by the Committee. Objections submitted without fees will not be considered.
17. Competitors intending to withdraw should notify their intentions to The Registrar AT THE EARLIEST POSSIBLE DATE, and NOT LATER THAN ONE WEEK BEFORE THE COMPETITIONS.